Margarita Island - Scuba Diving & Snorkeling
Best Scuba Diving spots around Margarita Island
Information about scuba diving and snorkeling on and around Isla Margarita and its neighboring islands. Isla Margarita is surrounded by clear, warm waters that offer excellent opportunities for snorkeling and scuba diving.
- La Restinga National Park: This is the most popular diving spot on Isla Margarita, located on the western side of the island. The park features a variety of coral formations, a large mangrove forest and several small islands, and the surrounding waters are home to a diverse range of marine life, including colorful fish, rays, turtles, and even dolphins. The park is protected, so you’ll need to go with a certified diving center to explore the area. There are several dive centers on Isla Margarita that offer guided tours to La Restinga National Park, with prices starting at around $50 for a half-day excursion.
- El Yaque Beach: This is a popular spot for snorkeling and diving, located on the southeastern coast of Isla Margarita. The beach is known for its clear waters and abundant marine life, including schools of colorful fish, rays, and sea turtles. There are several diving centers on Isla Margarita that offer snorkeling and diving tours to El Yaque Beach, with prices starting at around $50 for a half-day excursion.
- Playa Caribe: This is another great spot for snorkeling on Isla Margarita, located on the northern coast of the island. The beach features crystal-clear waters and a range of coral formations, making it a great place to spot colorful fish, octopuses, and other sea creatures. There are several diving centers on Isla Margarita that offer snorkeling and diving tours to Playa Caribe, with prices starting at around $50 for a half-day excursion
- Isla de Coche: Isla Coche is located just off the coast of Isla Margarita and offers similar opportunities for snorkeling and scuba diving. The waters around Isla Coche are home to a variety of marine life, including schools of colorful fish, sea turtles, and even dolphins. There are several dive shops on Isla Coche that offer equipment rental and guided tours, with prices starting at around $50 for a half-day excursion.
- Isla de Cubagua: Cubagua is a small island located to the east of Isla Margarita, and is known for its clear waters and abundant marine life. The island is surrounded by coral reefs that are home to a variety of tropical fish and other sea creatures, making it a popular destination for scuba diving and snorkeling. There are a few dive shops on Isla Margarita that offer day trips to Cubagua, with prices starting at around $100 for a full-day excursion.
- Islas Los Frailes: The Islas Los Frailes are a group of small, uninhabited islands located to the northeast of Isla Margarita. The waters around the islands are known for their clear visibility and diverse marine life, including reef sharks, turtles, and schools of colorful fish. There are several dive shops on Isla Margarita that offer day trips to the Islas Los Frailes, with prices starting at around $150 for a full-day excursion.
Overall, Isla Margarita and its neighboring islands offer some excellent opportunities for snorkeling and scuba diving, with a wide range of dive sites to explore and marine life to encounter. Whether you’re a seasoned diver or a first-time snorkeler, you’re sure to find something to suit your interests in these beautiful waters.
Scuba Diving Margarita
1. Los Frailes Islands VIP
Includes: ride in a sports boat, 2 snorkeling or diving practices, drinks (water and soft drinks), lunch on board (chicken sandwich + dessert or fruits), guides, photos and maritime transfer in a covered boat.
Diving with beginners includes introduction and 2 dives, and for certified divers 2 guided dives of 45 to 60 minutes each!
Minimum quantity 2 persons for diving or 4 for snorkeling, maximum quantity 4 persons
- Diving 180.-$ p.p.
- Snorkeling 110.-$ p.p.
2. Pampatar Lighthouse & Punta Ballenas
- 1 dive and snorkeling
- Snacks and open bar
- sports equipment rental
- photo service
- sport boat ride
- transfer in/out hotel or residence
- $135 – Diving (beginner)
- $75 – Snorkeling
- $65 – Companion
- $45 – Children under 10 years old
Attention: minimum age to participate in the tour is 8 years, for diving minimum age 10 years.
Minimum 2 people for diving, maximum 5.
3. Wreck diving at Cubagua Island
Our trip to Cubagua Island is ‘Exploration’ type in a catamaran ride to Cubagua Island.
With certificated divers, we explore the Santa Ana Shipwreck, and for beginners we have a ‘Try’ Scuba diving or snorkeling in a reef in front of the Cubagua Camp available. Then we will have a delicious lunch with fish in the Margarita style. Then we will have short walks to characteristic sites of the island.
In the different activities they will be accompanied by our professionals. Diving participants must meet the national and international requirements and regulations of our federation.
- Companions $65
- Snorkeling 75$
- Children under 10 years 45.-$
- Diving for certificates 95$
- Diving for beginners 135$*
*Diving for beginners includes equipment for the price of the adventure!
Minimum quantity for snorkeling 4 people!
Additional cost for equipment rental if requested:
- Diving Equipment 40.-$ per day
- Snorkeling equipment 10.-$ per day
Free additional service of underwater photography with a GoPro camera, including digital delivery by mail or Whatsapp.
Requirements to participate in Snorkeling or Diving activities:
Minimum age 10 years and know how to float. Please consult our office for more information about it!
Recommendation… due to the strong impact of the sun during outdoor activities we recommend you to wear a shirt or flannel with long sleeves and a cap or hat, sunglasses and repellent!
Our tour also includes:
- Ground transportation.
- Catamaran ride.
- Chairs, awnings and churuatas.
- Open bar with rum, vodka, beer, juice, soft drinks and water.
- Welcome Snack and Afternoon.
- Lunch: Fish wheel, rice salad, grated salad and plantains with cheese. (Please notify if the passenger does not eat fish or is allergic)
- Dessert: Fruit.
- Personalized attention.
- Mud baths
The “ILC” Camp has:
- Hammocks on the Sea, Swing in the sea.
- Corporeal Letters “I Love Cubagua”.
- Volleyball and Soccer Court
- Guided walks
- Underwater Photo Service
To carry out this tour, a minimum participation of 2 persons will be required for diving. Maximum 8 persons.
Reservations with minimum time 3 to 4 days before the desired date. (Recommended)
Departures available: Thursday, Saturday or Sunday.